Click below to view Athletic Events this week:
*Athletic Events This Week
*Athletics Facebook Page
***All Webster County Schools' campuses and athletic fields are tobacco and e-cig free zones. No pets are allowed at any Webster County Schools' athletic fields/events.
CLICK BELOW TO PURCHASE WEBSTER COUNTY ATHLETIC APPAREL:
ATHLETIC APPAREL PURCHASE WEBSITE
ATHLETIC PASSES 2019-20
Student Passes: (students in grades 1-12) $25.00
10 Event Adult Passes: $35.00
15 Event Adult Passes: $50.00
**All passes are good for regular-season home contests only and excludes special events and tournaments
Our athletic department offers the following sports and activities:
|| Spring Sports
|Boys & Girls Golf
||Boys & Girls Tennis
|Boys & Girls Cross Country
||Boys & Girls Track
|Boys & Girls Soccer
WEBSTER COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT PHILOSOPHY
Webster County High School coaches and student-athletes project an image of competitors who embrace the challenge, enjoy the process, win with humility, handle defeat with dignity, advocate for their sport, and are positive role models.
The athletic program at Webster County High School is an integral part of the educational program. The benefits of a comprehensive athletic program provide not only member athletes, but all students, staff, parents and community members' opportunities for school/community interaction the development of an involved, active citizenry, building school pride and increased interest and involvement in all school activities.
The efforts of our coaches will be focused on teaching our athletes how to win and not just on winning. Through positive reinforcement and intentional teaching, we will show our athletes how to succeed with humility and persevere through setbacks in a productive manner.
Our Athletic Objectives:
- To learn games and develop and/or improve playing skills
- To develop physical vigor and desirable habits in health, sanitation, and safety
- To make real friendships with squad members, widen the circle of friends and make acquaintances on opposing teams
- To observe and exemplify good sportsmanship
- To realize that athletic competition is a privilege that carries definite responsibilities with it
- To enjoy one of the greatest heritages of youth-the right to play
- To learn that the violation of a rule of the game brings a penalty and that this same sequence follows in the game of life