The Webster County Board of Education (“Board”) is seeking applications for appointment to fill a vacancy on the Board representing Educational District #3. Under the provisions of KRS 160.190(2), this appointment is effective until the November 2022 regular election. This is a public service position and the person appointed will not be employed by the Webster County Schools.
Board members must be:
- At least 24 years old.
- A Kentucky citizen for the last three years.
- A registered voter in District #3 (Slaughters).
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Cannot hold any elective federal, state, county, or city office, serve as an officer or employee of a city or county, hold a federal office of “trust or profit,” or serve as an appointed officer of a special purpose government entity with taxation authority unless specifically authorized by statute.
- As the date of election, has no interest, direct or indirect, in the sale to the Board of books, stationery or any other property, materials, supplies, equipment, or services for which school funds are expended.
- Has never been removed from membership on a Board of Education for cause.
- Has no relative, as defined in KRS 160.180, employed by the District.
School board members are involved primarily in the following areas:
- Developing policy that governs the operation of the schools.
- Providing visionary leadership that establishes long-range plans and programs of the District.
- Hiring the District superintendent and issuing annual evaluation reports.
- Setting the local tax rates and practicing vigorous stewardship to ensure that all school district funds are spent wisely.
- Complete required annual in-service training.
Applications must be postmarked by November 20, 2020
Application forms for this position are available from Webster County Board of Education, 28 State Route 1340, Dixon, KY or /userfiles/17/my files/01.3 ap21 board member application.docx?id=1818
All applications must be mailed to: Superintendent, Attn: Board Vacancy, 28 State Route 1340, Dixon KY 42409.
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, genetic information, limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, or disability in employment, educational programs or activities.