Webster County Board of Education
Jeff Pettit, Board Chair
Mickey Dunbar, Vice-Chair
Webster County BOE Unveils District CRUX7
The Webster County Board of Education unveiled its District "CRUX7" at the board meeting on September 12, 2016. The "CRUX7" identifies seven core beliefs the Webster County leadership team agreed could be guaranteed as essentials to the work on behalf of student learning. The collaborative discussions on developing these "CRUX7" beliefs began in July 2016 at the district's annual administrative leadership retreat which included board members, district/school administrators and all division directors. Dr. Yarbrough facilitated this collaborative vision setting process in an effort to clearly define what is truly at the core or the heart (CRUX) of the work of all Webster County employees. Each school and department, including food service and transportation, also created a "CRUX7" that will be unveiled in the near future.
The following is the Webster County District "CRUX7":
1. Treat every individual with genuine, positive regard.
2. Commit to continuous learning and growing.
3. Create safe and supportive learning environments.
4. Ensure innovative, high quality learning opportunities.
5. Cultivate real world skills, connections and experiences.
6. Seek ways to diversify learning.
7. Work together as a team.